- Peter Raab | Architect | Assistant Professor
- Architectural Construction II . Prerequisite: Arch 2351.
- Study of Statics, member analysis, material science and advanced construction systems with emphasis on the systems module and introduction to system integration code and cost.
- Deepen knowledge of and ability to incorporate structural design in architecture.
- Establish a momentum of interest and inquiry in respect to structural possibilities and potentials in architectural design.
- Apply and refine proper drawing and modeling techniques in building system communication.
- Instill a basic understanding of mathematical, engineering techniques in the design and analysis of structures.
- Introduce key and informative structural precedents for means of analysis, interpretation and emulation.
- Cultivate a spirit of inquiry and action.
- [Section 090] : T + R, 3:30-4:50P [lecture] | Media + Communications Building Room 353.
- [Section 501] : M, 5:30P - 6:50P [lab] | Media + Communication Room 253.
- [Section 502] : W, 5:30P - 6:50P [lab] | Media + Communication Room 255.
- [Section 503] : W, 5:30P - 6:50P [lab] | Media + Communication Room 266.
- [Section 504] : M, 5:30P - 6:50P [lab] | Media + Communication Room 268.
GRADUATE / STUDENT ASSISTANTS
- Reese Scarborough | Section 501 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Corey Rothermel | Section 502 | email@example.com
- Stephanie Bunt | Section 503 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jose Sanchez | Section 504 | email@example.com | Office Hours MWF by appointment rm 508
- Course Syllabus
- [Lecture 01: Intro / Structuring Space]
- [Lecture 02: Statics - Intro]
- [Lecture 03: Statics - Vector Addition + Equilibrium]
- [Lecture 04: Statics - Moment + Support Reactions]
- [Lecture 05: Statics - Case Studies]
- [Lecture 06: Loads - Intro]
- [Lecture 07: Loads - Calculations + Case Studies]
- [Lecture 08: Loads - Earthquakes + Summary]
- [Lecture 09: Materials - Properties]
- [Lecture 10: Materials + Cost Analysis]
- EXAM 01 ---
- [Lecture 11: Hanger + Tie, Part I]
- [Lecture 12: Hanger + Tie, Part II]
- [Lecture 13: Beam + Slab - Shear + Moment Diagrams]
- [Lecture 14: Beam + Slab - Free Body Diagrams]
- [Lecture 15: Beam + Slab, Part III]
- [Lecture 16: Column + Wall - Elastic Buckling + Crushing]
- [Lecture 17: Column + Wall, Part II]
- [Lecture 18: Column + Wall, Foundation Systems]
- EXAM 02 ---
- [Lecture 19: Shear + Moment Examples]
- [Lecture 20: Quiz 03 Answers]
- [Lecture 21: Trusses]
- [Project 01: Diagrammatic Analysis of Existing Building]
- [Project 02: Bay Model | Chair]
ASSIGNMENTS / HOMEWORK
- [Homework 01]
- [Homework 02]
- [Homework 03]
- [Homework 04]
- [Homework 05]
- [Homework 06 : Shear + Moment Diagrams]
- | Tacoma Narrows Bridge Collapse
- | Koolhaas Houselife Film Trailer
- | Polonceau Roof & Analysis
- | SANAA New Museum Structural Analysis