- Busan Cinema Center, Seoul, KOR - Coop Himmelb(l)au
ARCHITECTURAL CONSTRUCTION II
- Peter Raab | ARCHITECT | LEED AP | OFFICE HOURS : TH 5:00P – 6:00P + BY APPOINTMENT
- 3350. Architectural Construction II . Prerequisite: Arch 2351.
- Study of Statics, member analysis, material science and advanced construction systems with emphasis on the systems module and introduction to system integration code and cost.
This course is intended to:
- - Deepen knowledge of and ability to incorporate structural design in architecture + interior design.
- - Instill a basic understanding of mathematical, engineering techniques in the design and analysis of structures.
- - Introduce key and informative structural precedents for means of analysis, interpretation and emulation.
- - Apply and refine proper drawing and modeling techniques in building system communication.
- - Establish a momentum of interest and inquiry in respect to structural possibilities and potentials in architectural design.
- - Cultivate a spirit of inquiry and action.
- [Section 090] : T + TH, 3:30-4:50P [lecture] | Media + Communications Building, Room 353.
- [Section 501] : M, 5:30P - 6:50P [lab] | Media & Communications Building, Room 265.
- [Section 502] : W, 5:30P - 6:50P [lab] | Media & Communications Building, Room 155
- [Section 503] : W, 5:30P - 6:50P [lab] | Media & Communications Building, Room 152.
- [Section 504] : M, 5:30P - 6:50P [lab] | Media & Communications Building, Room 153.
GRADUATE / STUDENT ASSISTANTS
- NICOLAS WATKINS | Section 501 | NICOLAS.WATKINS@TTU.EDU
- VICENTE CARRASCO | Section 502 | VICENTE.CARRASCO@TTU.EDU
- CHRISTY PURCELLA | Section 503 | CHRISTY.PURCELLA@TTU.EDU
- LUNA VITAL | Section 504 | LUNA.VITAL@TTU.EDU
- Link to Blackboard
- Lecture Notes 01
- Dissecting Diagrids, Architect Magazine; Oct 2011
- Maria Mingallon Lecture for Tex Fab 4; 2013
- Arup: Metropol Parasol, Seville - timber mega-structure
- Billie Faircloth, "The Beauty + Mystery of the 2x4" TedX Philly, Dec 2011
- P03 Presentations