- Ewha Women's University, Seoul, KOR - Dominique Perrault
- Peter Raab | ARCHITECT | LEED AP | OFFICE HOURS : W 4:30P – 5:30P + BY APPOINTMENT
- Architectural Construction III . Prerequisite: Arch 3350.
- Study of structural capacity, connection design, and envelope performance and cost with an emphasis on cladding.
- Introduction to system integration.
This course is intended to:
- Introduce the integration and interaction of building systems with an emphasis on structural members and envelopes.
- Convey an understanding of material usage and behavior to better inform design decisions.
- Focus on understanding wall configuration, transfer of loads, design development detailing, glazing and sustainability.
- Material science and quantitative analysis used to determine the preliminary sizes of spanning and support members.
- Applied statics emphasizing schematic calculations for the analysis of components of various structural systems.
- Examine the structural behavior of wood and steel to allow judgment in areas of material, form, and process.
- Introduce key and informative structural precedents for means of analysis, interpretation and emulation.
- Cultivate a spirit of inquiry of how the world works and how structure can play an influential role in creating form.
- [Section 090] : T + R, 3:30-4:50P [lecture] | Media + Communications Building, Room 359.
- [Section 501] : W, 5:30P - 6:50P [lab] | MCOM 265
- [Section 502] : W, 5:30P - 6:50P [lab] | MCOM 168
- [Section 503] : W, 5:30P - 6:50P [lab] | MCOM 270
- [Section 505] : T, 5:30P - 6:50P [lab] | MCOM 253
GRADUATE / STUDENT ASSISTANTS
- CHRISTY PURCELLA | Section 501 | CHRISTY.PURCELLA@TTU.EDU
- ZACK SPRINKLE | Section 502 | ZACK.SPRINKLE@TTU.EDU
- LUNA VITAL | Section 503 | LUNA.VITAL@TTU.EDU
- NICOLAS WATKINS | Section 505 | NICOLAS.WATKINS@TTU.EDU
- Course Syllabus
- Course Schedule
- Link to Blackboard
ASSIGNMENTS / HOMEWORK
- HW01 : Statics Recap
- PR01: BREAK
- PR02: BOLT
- PR03: SKIN
- Dissecting Diagrids, Architect Magazine; Oct 2011
- Lateral Forces in Buildings
- AD Interviews Benton Johnson SOM
- Metropol Parasol Arup
- Material Masters: Shigeru Ban’s Work With Wood
STEEL + CONCRETE PRECEDENTS:
- Precedent: SHoP Architects 920 Mulberry
- Precedent: Trahan Architects, Holy Rosary Center
- Precedent: Trahan Architects, Louisiana State Museum
How It's Made Videos:
- Concrete Pipe - begins at 15:34.
- Bent Hardwood for furniture - begins at 11:00.
- Construction Lumber - begins at 5:58.
- Float Glass Process
- Double Glazing Manufacturing Process
- Structural Glazing
- Unitized Curtain Wall Installation
- Curtain Wall at Milstein Hall
- Milstein Hall Gallery Leaks
Buckminster Fuller Movie: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8NGNhDxzzw
- Highlights in Movie:
- Dymaxion House Presentation - begins at 17:22
- Dymaxion Car - begins at 23:50
- Geodesics with students begins at - begins at 47:40
- Weight of Things and more geodesics - begins at 1:00
- Was Bucky an Architect? - begins at 1:09
- Ends with a lovely ballad by Bucky!
Buckminster Fuller Geodesic Domes:
- Sendai Mediatheque during the earthquake
- State-of-the-Art Aerial Tour of Hearst Tower with Architect Lord Norman Foster
- Hearst Tower: Building Green
- CCTV's headquarters in Beijing
Building Code / Details
- ICC Foundation Details