- If you do not have a password for your account on the computer, you will need to set one temporarily to use the script.
- Download the printer installer for OSX
- Open the Safari downloads folder to locate the installer in the Finder. On OSX Sierra, you must drag the installer into the Applications folder before proceeding to the next step.
- Ctrl-click (or right-click) the Printer Installer application and choose open.
- You may receive a warning about this application being from an unknown developer. Proceed with opening the application.
- A text box will be displayed: Follow the onscreen instructions to add the printers to your computer.
- The installer downloads print drivers from the Internet and it may take several minutes (typically 5 to 10 minutes) to download the files depending on the speed of your Internet connection. There is a progress counter for each file as it is downloaded.
- When you are prompted for a password, enter your computer password and press enter. The password will not be shown on the screen as you type. You can always try again after entering it incorrectly, or use the delete key to erase what was typed.
- If the installer is interrupted or Internet connectivity is lost, restart the installer to continue where you left off.
- The installer script puts the Pcounter client application in your dock. If you want to delete the application, it can be found in the Applications folder. The Pcounter client application must be running to authorize print jobs. You must run the application manually before sending a print job.
- When you send a print job, the Pcounter client application will pop up an authentication dialog alongside information about the job including the cost. Log in with your eRaider username and password. You will receive a prompt when the job is finished.
- Passwords are stored in the KeyChain. When changing your eRaider password, open KeyChain Access and delete the entry for PcounterClientLogin.
- When printing on large format printers, use the print bureau paper sizes or create a custom size to match your document.
- You must use the printer presets as a starting point for printing. The presets are defined to choose the paper size in the case of the laser printers, or to choose the paper type and color settings on the large-format printers. The presets may not be updated until you have rebooted your computer.
If you have questions or problems installing printers, contact the IT staff in room 901.