What does it take to be a licensed Architect?
There are three (3) requirements for licensure as an Architect.
- You must receive an accredited degree in architecture which has been approved by the National Architectural Accreditation Board (NAAB) NAAB Website
- Internship with a Licensed architect(s). Complete the require Intern Development Program (IDP) Hours
- Successful completion of the Architect Registration Examination (ARE)
The Master of Architecture is our primary program and it is the accredited program at Texas Tech University. It includes three components (1) general architecture, (2) pre-professional and (3) professional. For descriptions of all of our programs please see the current academic catalog, or look further on our website in the [/programs/ degree programs] section.
Architect Licensing Advisor
Darrick Wade, AIA
Visiting Assistant Professor
- Office: 710
- Office Hours: by appointment
- Phone: 806.445.1131
- Office Phone: 806.834.4947
- Website: http://dwadestudio.com/
TTU Career Center
TTU Student Career Fair
ArchWay Career Connection login for ARCH Career Fair