Vacuum Former Instructions for use at the College:
a) The use of the Vacuum Former by students is restricted to academic projects only.
b) Students may not operate the Vacuum Former. Only trained personnel may operate the Vacuum Former. Unauthorized use of the Vacuum Former will result in immediate suspension of lab privileges.
c) Students may not submit files to the Vacuum Form until they have read and agreed to all notices and guidelines.
d) Students are expected to maintain a high level of respect for the Vacuum Former operator.
e) The Vacuum Form equipment is only operated by our staff members. For file preparation and submission please refer to them until the online documentation is ready.
f) All material which we use on the Vacuum Former is available in the shop. Please ask. Or provide your own material.
Scheduling your project
1. Due to the nature of the payment/ cutting process, once a project is begun, it must be completed in its entirety.
2. Projects will be completed on a first-come, first-served basis. There will be no exceptions. Please plan accordingly.
3. Students will be allowed to submit additional files for review, only after their name has been "worked" off the list and if there are other students in line. The only exception to this rule is that if the file problem is on the Equipment or that the queue is totally empty, a student may sign up for one additional project.
4. Make sure you have enough money on your account before submitting a job.
- Machine use: $1.50 per use
- Material: cost as per type
- see MATERIALS page for a list of available materials
- Max Object Size:
- Length - 112 cm (44 in.)
- Width - 112 cm (44 in.)
- Sheet sizes
- 48x48 in.
- 36x36 in.
- 24x24 in.
(Custom sizes available at request)
- Depth of draw 22 inches
- Fully adjustable material clamping
- Tooling table: 8 cm (3 1/4 in.)
- Pneumatic drive cylinder 136kg (300lb) seal pressure with adjustable slotted track for rapid tool mounting
- Solid state programmable heat timing unit, coupled with programmable percentage control unit
- Heater Panel: 32,000 watts infared radiant panel, with size-down option
- Vacuum Pump: High volume, Hi-vacuum pump, On-board 40 Gallon surge tank
- Power requirement: 220 three phase 75 amps
- Construction: Post and Beam, Modular Frame System
- Recommended for thermoplastics: ABS - PVC - PET - Polystyrene - Kydex - Polypropylene
- Plastic gauges up to 0.64cm (0.25 in.)